Monday, September 3, 2007

"My Blog Lesson For Today" Continues, part two ...

It has been over a week since I asked "What is wrong with me?"

(You can read that post here: http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-blog-lesson-for-today.html and then the continuation here: http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-blog-lesson-for-today-continues.html )

I intended to post the continuation of my thoughts on the issue a lot sooner than this. But ...

Don't know how I could have forgotten. I know it far better than I know the freckles on the back of my hand. Remember the old ads that said "When E. F. Hutton talks, everyone listens."? Well, I learned quite a while ago that when I ask questions, God listens! And then answers those questions.

Did I really want an answer?

Yes.

And God has been sending answers to me. :-)

He is showing (not just telling) me that He really is my Best Friend. He has been sending me to new blogs and posts that somehow deal with the issue of trusting Him. He has been finding books for me to read: novels by godly authors (if you're really bored enough to read any more by me, here's my blogged lament on what I find on the shelves of the bookstores: http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/2007/08/i-love-to-read-but.html) that deal with issues of trust and / or friendship in ways that illustrate God's faithfulness and why we can trust Him. E-mailed newsletters showed up with reports or stories that fit the question quite well. He sent music my way to listen to that really lifted me. (Okay, you'll find that here: http://www.shoutlife.com/shennethcanegata -- and the song "Stand and Live." This was a "gift" I found from reading Marilynn Griffith's blog at: http://marilynngriffith.typepad.com/rhythmsofgrace/ It was in the archives -- keep reading back and back and back ... it's worth every click LOL) And three of the WIP vying for my attention have all taken on the issue, this week, in ways that reach out to me like fingers massaging a headache or brushing hair out of my eyes.

Okay, I had made a comment that the concept of prayer as a "conversation" is a little difficult to imagine (and I have a very vivid imagination) because I like to have the audible response at the other end -- like the phone conversations mom and I used to have. Well, while His voice isn't audible in this "conversation," He sure is sending His message to me.

Discovered some of what I am afraid of. And now He decides to answer the next question even before it's asked -- why it happens and why I shouldn't be afraid of it. He's kept me "busy" this week. But it was one of the best weeks I've have in a long time. Best friends have a way of having that effect in our lives.

:-)

No comments: